Bluehawk is seeking a DevOps Engineer
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Ultimately responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Establish state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying, and troubleshooting highly complex computer operating hardware system
- Design operating/hardware systems; formulate system concepts and architecture, specific requirements, and develop implementation approaches.
- Identify and direct resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues; subject matter expert on emerging technologies; direct the development of systems specifications and technical documentation
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Provide expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers; interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts; communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology; provide recommendations for continuous improvement; work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance the organization’s capabilities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers, and other engineers
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analyze, design, and develop tests and test-automation suites
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, and conduct feasibility studies
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications and documentation; analyze system requirements and lead design and development activities
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and provide customer support for software systems and application issues
- Oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
⦁ Extensive experience with Redhat and/or Centos
⦁ Demonstrated experience in server builds using automated mechanism
⦁ Demonstrated experience with Ansible playbooks or puppet modules for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching, and software development
⦁ Demonstrated experience with Ansible or Puppet
⦁ Demonstrated experience with Gitlab
⦁ Demonstrated experience deploying Docker engines in virtualized platforms for containerization of multiple apps
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure with technologies like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data formats including XML, PCAP, images, and media
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Possess 3-5 years of experience and familiarity with the following software/tools:
⦁ Infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
⦁ Build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
⦁ Monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
⦁ Modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
⦁ Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
⦁ Elastic Search and relational databases
Bluehawk, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/
/EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity