Bluehawk is seeking a level 3 Software / Web Developer.
- Supports software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Designs, creates, tests, maintains, and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation to satisfy customer requirements
- Analyze and troubleshoot extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies
- Integrates new software and web products with existing software and web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the system
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software /web development life cycle
- Analyze and collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst, project managers, and other engineers
- Oversee and monitor performance, identify root causes, and when required, take steps to resolve issues; research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance
- Direct multiple teams through to project completion; provide guidance and direction to more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities; work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and advance the organization’s capabilities
- Research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or application software
- Develop complex data flows or make significant enhancements to existing pipelines
- Research emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution
- Interacts with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Minimum of five years current and related software development experience
- Hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products.
- Strong, firsthand technical expertise in a variety of configuration management and big data technologies and proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that manage large data sets
- Ability to handle an agile environment with little supervision and have a passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with one or more of the following software/tools:
⦁ Build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
⦁ Modern programming languages like Java, Python, Scala, etc.
⦁ Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
⦁ Elastic Search and relational databases
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with distributed computing systems: Hadoop, Elastic, Spark, EMR, Databricks, or other Knowledge of AWS Cloud technologies: EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, VPC, ELB
- Knowledge of servers operating systems: Linux, Windows
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to comprehend database methodologies
Training and Certifications
• DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
• Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and Additional Requirements
• In concert with the software development lead, develops tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies.
• Works independently on more complex projects.
• Integrates new software and web products with existing software and web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the system.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma + 10 years
• Associate's Degree + 8 years
• Bachelor's Degree + 6 years
• Master's Degree + 4 years
• PhD + 2 years
Bluehawk, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/
/EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity