***** This Contract is Pending Award *****
Senior Radar Scientist will use advanced imaging radar physics, specifically Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), research and quantitative analysis techniques to provide imagery science services in support of GEOINT and All-Source analysis.
• Develop, validate, and implement radar processing techniques to solve complex issues
• Perform research with little guidance and independently write reports detailing methods, results, and impacts to assigned issues
• Interact directly with customers as requirements arise and devise an optimal approach to processing and scientifically analyzing radar data in a timely manner given the available tools and techniques
• Perform ad-hoc informational briefings and training for the purpose of educating analysts and managers as to the capabilities of imagery data processing and its benefit
• Participate in forums and conferences and potentially support technical information or case study presentations. Act as coordination liaison with peers in the community.
Advanced degree, Ph. D preferred, in imaging science, remote sensing, earth science or similar science field
• 20+ years of relevant professional experience
• Deep understanding of mathematical and computational principles of image formation
• Experience performing quantitative and qualitative research and delivering briefings based upon the resulting work/accomplishments
• Knowledge of national and commercial imaging system exploitation techniques, phenomenologies, methodologies, and processing techniques
• Published image science reports and/or authored new procedures/methods to create innovative approaches to solve complex problems
• Proficiency using image processing and geostatistical research tools (i.e. ENVI, ERDAS, R, MATLAB, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels