Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At Bluehawk Intelligence Services, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, Bluehawk is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Linux Systems Engineer to join our team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Bluehawk.
• Manage an existing operating environment management for systems.
• Design and maintain operating environments capable of automated switchover or failover with a minimal amount of human intervention.
• Provide response, trouble-shooting and resolution of problems as well as communication, tracking via Altiris, Jira Service Desk.
• Server/workstations rebuilds VMware and standalone environments, management of Linux servers and the VMware environment supporting them.
• Proactively track and manage availability, performance and capacity across the environment inclusive of infrastructure and services.
• Perform capacity management, tracking utilization and growth trends, and projecting expansion needs proactively.
• Produce and maintain standard operating procedures for use across infrastructure environment;
• Troubleshoot technical incidents across the enterprise infrastructure environment, communicating status updates and escalating to other technical team to reach resolution.
• Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
• Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
• Guidance. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
• Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
• Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/ advanced ILO”
• Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
• Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
• Must be comfortable with the full lifecycle of performing requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, system design, systems integration and test.
• Must be proficient in Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of OS installation, security hardening and maintenance. Comfortable with working on physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers from scratch.
• Able to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested.
• Capable of learning new applications that run on Linux quickly for testing and deployment.
• Administration and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery.
• Linux performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
• Familiar with fundamentals of Linux scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments. Bash Shell, python & Kickstart technologies.
• Integration & implementation of various services, LDAP, Samba,NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies.
• Familiarity of configuration management. Experience with Red Hat Satellite Server, puppet, chef or Ansible Tower.
• Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level High School Diploma / GED 12 Associates Degree 10 Bachelor’s Degree 8 Master’s Degree 6 PhD 4
Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Qualifications Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Degrees: See Qualifications
Years of Experience: See Qualifications
Position Type: Full-Time