Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At Bluehawk Intelligence Services, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, Bluehawk is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Server Build Engineer to join our team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within Bluehawk.
•Server administration and troubleshooting on full OSI layer stack
• Build physical and virtual servers and physical workstations with and without previously defined images or templates
• Manage existing Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory environments.
• Manage Windows Server and Active Directory Performance including replication
• Manage\Administer VMware virtual machines
• Implement High Availability Windows Failover Clusters
• Manage Group Policy Objects (GPO)
• Manage systems updates for Windows servers and workstations using Symantec ITMS
• Supports virtualized guest servers of multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications and databases.
• Design and implement backup/disaster recovery solutions for guest servers and associated data.
• Networking, Storage and Server level administration.
• Executes business processes (e.g. service level agreements, handoff from engineering to operations, support requests).
• Monitor servers and application. Configuration of SNMP/SSH monitoring applications and log parsing tools.
• Implements procedures in support of data security needs related to data processing.
• Manages data processing and escalates when necessary resources are not likely to be available in time to complete processing.
• Understands and executes application data processing and business processes. This includes (but is not limited to) activities such as: Monitor data feeds from customers Data processing, loading, archiving, etc Provide first level support for operations issues
• Writes scripts to automate operations
• Inventory management.
•Skills and Tasks. Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
• Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
• Guidance. Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
• Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
• Ability to build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates.
• Experience with standardized builds and remote deployables using provisioning software to a bare metal server or virtual machine
• Workstation Imaging--Must have experience building Images---Expert knowledge in customizing Windows 7, Windows 10, and Image creation.
• Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, GPO, IIS, DNS, DHCP, DFS/R, Microsoft Certificate Authority
• Scripting experience using VBscript, WSscript, and/or PowerShell knowledge and experience using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
• Linux experience (preferably RHEL or CentOS) including but not limited to Network protocols and services, central authentication protocols and block/file level storage.
• Experience with Perl, and shell scripting in a Linux environment.
• Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/advanced ILO”
• Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
• Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum measures, product utilization, and lifecycle of operating systems.
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level High School Diploma / GED 10 Associates Degree 8 Bachelor’s Degree 6 Master’s Degree 4 PhD 2
Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Qualifications Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Degrees: See Qualifications
Years of Experience: See Qualifications
Position: Type Full-Time